|Course type||– intensive group courses in summer
– private lessons all year round (on site)
– group courses with max. 7 participants
|Participants||– all ages
– professionals and private persons
||– summer group courses: A1/A2
– private lessons: all (A1-C2)
|Specialties||– international participants
– certificate of attendance
In summer 2022 I visited the school in Stockholm and had the opportunity to personally meet my colleague Håkan, with whom I have been working together for some years. I am glad about his dynamic and professional team that offers you high-quality courses.
Ute Störiko, Head of OBS!
The school mainly offers Swedish language courses for foreign professionals and students. The courses are designed according to their experience and needs. People interested in a higher learning pace will feel at home here.
The courses have a maximum of 7 participants and are taught by experienced and trained Swedish teachers. All teachers are familiar with teaching Swedish as a second language to adults. And they have all lived abroad themselves, so they have a feeling for intercultural learning.
The school emphasizes the importance of cultural factors in language learning. Therefore, Swedish culture is incorporated into the classroom at all levels of learning.
And, last but not least, it is an important concern of the school that there is a friendly atmosphere in all the classes!
Stockholm: The courses are held in the center of Stockholm in a newly renovated building in Torsgatan (Norrmalm neighborhood).
From the main train station (Stockholm Central) you can reach the school in about 10 minutes on foot. It takes 5 minutes to the nearest metro station (St. Eriksplan).
Gothenburg: Courses are held at Östra Hamngatan, which is close to both the train station and the shopping district.
Drinks are available on the premises at all times.
- Course types: group courses and private lessons
- Group courses: The summer courses will lift your knowledge of Swedish fast. The teachers focus on teaching you the basics of grammar and vocabulary so you can concentrate on communicating in Swedish as quickly and as much as possible.
- Teaching style: The courses are practically oriented and effective. From the very first lesson, the focus is on speaking: this involves speaking skills in everyday situations, dialogue training (e.g. your origin, important questions, numbers, café and restaurant visits) and – not to be forgotten! – intercultural knowledge. This is supported by a good basis in grammar and vocabulary.
- Teachers: experienced and qualified native speakers
- Teaching material: Rivstart A1/A2 (2nd edition), can be purchased at the school for 750 SEK (approx.75 €).
- Course language: usually Swedish; in A1 courses occasionally English to explain grammar
- Homework: The lessons are supplemented by homework, which consolidates and trains what has been learned.
- Certificate of attendance: After your course, you will receive a certificate of attendance (with at least 80% attendance).
- Cancellation: You can cancel your registration free of charge up to 30 days before the course starts. If you withdraw your registration later than 30 days before the course starts, a fee of 50% of the total course fee will be charged. If you have already paid the course fee and/or the course has started, you are required to pay the course fee in full; there will be no refund.
You choose your accommodation yourself. We have the following recommendations for you:
Loginn Hotel – a beautiful old ship, rebuilt as a hotel
Archipelago Hostel Old Town
There is a number of hotels near the school, from 2 to 4 stars.
Both Stockholm and Gothenburg offer a wide range of cultural, gastronomic, scientific and sporting activities all year round. The school is happy to provide suggestions for activities and sightseeing in and around the cities. Students often go out together after classes or on weekends to get to know the city and practice their Swedish at the same time.
On evenings and weekends, the school offers social events and activities, such as a city tour, an afternoon at the language café and museum visits.
The participants make their own travel arrangements. Our partner travel agency SkandAktiv, which specializes in trips to Scandinavia, will be happy to advise you.
Phone: +49 9244-98 22 863
|Courses 2023||Course details||Price*|
Summer courses Stockholm
10. – 21.7. A1.1
17. – 28.7. A2.1
17. – 28.7. B1.1
30 lessons of 45 minutes
+ textbook 750 SEK
Summer courses Gothenburg
10.7. – 21.7. A1.1
17.7. – 28.7. A2.1
10.7. – 21.7. B1.1
30 lessons of 45 minutes
+ textbook 750 SEK (= about 69 €)
available for all levels (A1-C2)
example: 20 lessons of 45 minutes
contents to be agreed upon together with the participant
= about 1.420 €
Subject to change for courses not yet booked.
about the language school in Stockholm:
Our teacher has held a high teaching standard from the beginning. The most of talks were in Swedish – in English only when necessary. Although it was difficult to understand Swedish intonations, she has succeeded in making it work for us – most of us felt that the most felt improvement we have obtained during the course was in listening comprehension.
Albert from Croatia, 2022
The teacher is extremely positive and helpful and always makes maximum effort to make slow learners like myself feel comfortable
Participant from South Africa, 2020
I personally loved this experience. Doing a job is one thing but doing it so efficiently and positively is totally amazing. She is amazing teacher. I am happy with all that I have learnt from this course.
Jamie from the USA, 2021
This course is perfectly designed in terms of content and timing, it is educational but not punishing. We also had a great teacher and it would be ideal to continue with her in the next level.
Participant from Germany, 2019
The teacher and the way the material was taught, including the extra handouts. They were structured and made sense. Also, the time was perfect 2 hours. Enough to make some progress, but not lose focus during a marathon session. Also, having 7 people was a good number. Small enough that every one could practice with the instructor.
Participant from Great Britain, 2018
Our teacher was super positive and encouraged us all to speak. She was also happy to explain things in English when needed. I would definitely recommend the course to others.
Participant from the USA, 2017
Pictures: Strandvägen: Henrik Trygg/imagebank.sweden.se, Snow: Ola Ericsson/imagebank.sweden.se, Rest: OBS!